Welcome to Magnuson Hotels-the #1 performance brand.
Founded in 2003, Magnuson Hotels successfully launched 18 years ago in the US by supporting independent hoteliers in competition with franchise brands, at a fraction of the cost of franchise brand affiliation. Today Magnuson Hotels is a top global chain, representing 65,000 hotels and 700 airlines across 32 countries.
When Magnuson Hotels established presence in the UK in 2010, the industry was dominated by independent hoteliers enjoying high occupancy and RevPAR. Today, independent hotel share has fallen from 80% to 49%, as corporate chains Travelodge and Premier Inn have grown 80% in only 10 years. Airbnb has entered the supply landscape of 45,000 hotels with more than 225,000 listings.
Today, we are bringing our new technology platform to the UK, for hotel owners that are re-examining operating costs, sources of future business, and growing brand competition. Magnuson Hotels offers proven solutions with high standards that you’re in control of. At Magnuson Hotels we don’t impose onerous Property Improvement Plans, we simply work with owners to ensure standards are maintained for the benefit of our collective customers.
How you associate your hotel with Magnuson Hotels is your choice. Choose a Brand appropriate for your hotel or an Independent Collection solution. For hotel owners and investors that want the fantastic benefits of working with Magnuson without the headache of operations, we also offer complete management solutions Whichever option suits you best will be guaranteed our full UK based support.
Our newly developed and proven technology platform Magnuson Cloud combines Internet based PMS + channel manager + CRS + direct global distribution, automated revenue management and pricing functions into one simple affordable system. Magnuson Cloud. During 2020, while UK hotels were in lockdown, Magnuson outperformed USA RevPAR by 3X.
Magnuson outperformed USA RevPAR by 3X.
Have it your way with Magnuson Hotels; branded or an Independent Collection solution, with or without full Magnuson Management Services. Whichever option suits you best will be guaranteed our full UK based support.
Several tech specs have been particularly configured to the UK market.
- To offset high OTA commissions, Magnuson Cloud offers an alternative; a focussed suite of channels that drive a 52 week foundation of predictable revenue for any hotel.
- In our Covid world, hotels must redefine primary sources of business to succeed. Leisure based hotels must balance with local non-leisure. Corporate based city centre hotels must rebuild away from dependence upon conventions, sporting events.
- Magnuson’s UK based teams and systems utilize proven techniques to rebuild each hotel’s base toward more commercial targets.
- Complete GDS connectivity and UK based support to access international and corporate travellers.
- Chain-level negotiated commissions with all OTAs; Expedia, Booking, etc.
- Automated occupancy based yielding raises rates as occupancy increases, closing OTAs near the 80% occupancy mark.
- Automated competitor rate monitoring and auto adjustments to focus on hyper-dynamic pricing. The Magnuson Cloud predicts dynamic demand trends and works 24/7 to ensure high occupancy and RevPAR.
- Preformatted and Automated rate strategies. High or low demand pricing, location/segment specific pricing.
UK based 24/7 personal support
- System setup and unlimited training included.
- UK based unlimited revenue strategy support/management
- Correct positioning to achieve optimum market share. The Magnuson team will assess your hotel’s segment and potentially add 20% to ADR by repositioning.
- We create a rolling 12-month revenue plan that prices your rooms across all channels, 365 days a year for optimum revenue performance, but with flexibility for evolving market conditions.
- Magnuson branding includes the full service marketing team assigned to your hotel for assistance with signage and customised local brand marketing.
- Activation of your hotel within 30 days across thousands of global channels.
Our brand and support platforms
- Magnuson Grand – 5 star luxury hotels
- Magnuson Select – 4 star up-market hotels
- Magnuson Hotel – 3 star mid-market hotel
- Magnuson Independent Collection
- Magnuson Cloud Technology Platform
- Magnuson Hotel Management Services
The time is now. In England, hotels are expected to open their doors from May 17. From June 21, restrictions on how many people can stay in hotels are expected to be lifted. Hotels wanting to regain their business base will need to move quickly to capitalise upon pent-up travel demand.
For a limited time, Magnuson Hotels will waive all new hotel setup fees.
- £10,000 activation fee waived for hotels converting to a Magnuson Hotel brand.
- £3500 activation fee waived for hotels converting to the Magnuson Independent Collection.
- Free setup and training on Magnuson Cloud platform, which can replace your existing PMS (a savings of approximately £20,000 annually).
You don’t have the time or staff currently? No problem. Magnuson will provide
- a bespoke revenue plan with new business segments and rate strategies.
- preselling your summer rooms to boost revenue on the books.
- design of your new branded signage and a new website.
- Fees for Magnuson Brand hotels are 6.5% of GRR (gross rooms revenue).
- Fees for Magnuson Independent Collection are 3.5% of (gross rooms revenue).
- No fees paid until after the hotel is live in the system.